California Personal Injury Attorneys Fight for Full and Fair Compensation
Accomplished accident lawyers with more than 40 years of combined experience
If you were hurt in an accident, the physical, mental and financial hardships can be devastating. The lawyers at Crane Flores, LLP understand how emotionally and financially overwhelming an accident can be. Our attorneys focus solely on personal injury matters so we can give you efficient and effective representation. We use persuasive negotiation or aggressive litigation to get you the compensation to which you are entitled as a result of your accident-related injury. You can rely on our attorneys to be with you each step of the way.
Common causes of personal injury in Ventura, Oxnard and Santa Barbara
Accident-related injuries occur in a variety of ways. Common causes of personal injury are:
- Auto accidents. Distracted drivers are an increasing cause of vehicle accidents. We investigate the cause of the negligence that led to your injuries in order to fight for the compensation you deserve.
- Motorcycle accidents. People injured in motorcycle accidents often come away with permanent injuries, such as brain damage, nerve damage, improperly healed fractures or paralysis. Our legal team strives to get you the funds you need for proper medical treatment.
- Truck accidents. If you are hit by an 18-wheeler truck, the consequences are often severe. Victims may sustain brain damage, whiplash, broken bones, dislocated joints, burns and even paralysis. Our attorneys work hard to ensure that you recover damages for your injuries.
- Pedestrian accidents. Your injuries in a pedestrian accident can range from mild to severe, depending on the speed of the vehicle, where you were hit and other factors. Our professional attorneys can advise you on what to do after an accident.
- Medical malpractice. Whether your injury was a result of a minor check-up or a major surgery, doctors and other medical professionals are expected to perform with a certain standard of care. If you are a victim of medical malpractice, our lawyers will help you every step of the way.
- Sexual molestation. Sexual molestation can ruin lives and cause damage that may never be repaired. The school, church, school district or other entity may be liable for its failure to adequately supervise and screen the perpetrator. We understand this is a trying time and will do what we can to ensure the people responsible are held accountable.
Being a victim of personal injury can be a difficult and painful experience. Let the knowledgeable attorneys at Crane Flores, LLP handle your case for you.
Why do I need a personal injury attorney?
Having an attorney is a necessity when filing a claim. Insurance companies try to pay accident victims less than the case is worth. You may also meet with problems if the negligent party has too little insurance or none at all. A seasoned professional can handle any issues that arise in your case efficiently and effectively. Whatever type of injury you have, it is important to seek medical attention as quickly as possible. It is also essential to seek skilled legal assistance from a personal injury attorney or a wrongful death lawyer.
How much does a personal injury lawyer cost?
Our attorneys handle all personal injury matters on a contingency fee basis. This means you do not pay any attorneys’ fees unless we obtain a monetary award for you. Our fee is based on a percentage of the recovery we obtain for you.
How much time do I have to file my claim?
Filing your claim as soon as possible is essential, due to a time limit called the “statute of limitations.” The basis for the time restriction is that, the longer the period of time from the date of the injury to the lawsuit, the less dependable and available evidence tends to be.
California’s statutes of limitations are:
- General personal injury. If you were harmed by another person’s negligence, you have two years from the date of your injury to file an action. If you did not discover the injury right away, then the statute of limitation is one year from the date the injury was discovered. There are some limited exceptions to this time limit, so it is important to discuss your individual situation with a personal injury lawyer.
- Medical malpractice. If you are harmed by medical malpractice, you generally have either three years from the date of the injury or one year from the date of the discovery of the injury, whichever comes first, to file a lawsuit. It is important to note that if you could not have discovered your injuries in time to file (like a surgical instrument left in your body), or fraud concealed the malpractice, the statute of limitations does not work against you and your cause of action is not time-barred.
- Intentional acts. If you are harmed by the intentional acts of another person, you have one year to file an action. Examples include lawsuits for slander, libel or false imprisonment. You have two years to file if your personal injury claim is the result of assault and battery.
Having an experienced attorney on your side can ensure that your claim is not time-barred. A lawyer can also help you with the paperwork and documentation you need for your claim. We know that the law can be confusing, especially the statute of limitations and its exceptions. Our attorneys will help guide you each step of the way.
Speak to a dedicated and knowledgeable attorney today
If you are in an accident caused by another party’s negligence, it is important to seek the counsel of the skilled lawyer at Crane Flores, LLP. We can help you develop an effective strategy and ensure timely filing of your claim. Call us today at 805.568.5927 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation. We represent personal injury clients in Santa Barbara, Oxnard, Ventura and throughout California.