Personal Injury Attorney in Oxnard, Ventura, & Santa Barbara
Call Us 24/7 805.628.4967

What Are Minor Injuries In a Car Accident?

When most people think of lawsuits and pursuing legal action after a crash, they think of catastrophic injuries. However, even if you suffer a minor injury in a crash, you have the rights to go through the claims-filing process and have legal counsel to obtain the most favorable outcome possible.

Minor injuries can still last a long time, causing you ongoing pain and discomfort. In these situations, recognizing your options to pursue compensation can give you clarity in the situation and offer you a guide to follow after an accident. Here are some of the minor injuries you can sustain and what you can do to pursue compensation.

Soft Tissue Injuries

Soft tissue injuries can include sprains, strains, and contusions (bruises). The chances of suffering a soft tissue injury are high in any car accident because even the smallest impact can cause a bruise or a strain. Soft tissue injuries may not seem very severe, but they can certainly last a long period of time.

Even a soft tissue injury may allow you to recover compensation for medical expenses and lost income.

Neck Aches

Whiplash is one of the more common injuries you can sustain in a car accident. Any neck pain can last weeks and worsen over time. As a result, you may miss time from work, need medical treatment, and require ongoing care until the pain goes away. You can file a claim to recover any damages you sustain.

Back Pain

Not all back injuries result in lifelong damages. However, they can cause ongoing pain due to issues like herniated discs and tendons or muscle damage. If you suffer from back pain, you can still file a car accident claim for your injuries.

Not all crashes result in serious or life-threatening injuries. Even those who suffer minor harm deserve the right to seek compensation when they need it. Our Oxnard car accident lawyers at Crane Flores, LLP work on your behalf to safeguard your rights.

Call our firm today at (805) 628-4967.